Thursday, March 7, 2013

Alaskan Resident



The Sun is finally out! It feels great to come home to our cabin in the hills when the sun stays out until 5:30 pm. Sounds Romantic right? It didn't used to be romantic until 2 weeks ago where we actually saw sunlight waking up in the mornings at a decent time. I suppose I lost my romantic ways in the winter mood that I carried over my shoulders for about a month. Prior to our move here, I was thinking tough and said to myself "The lack of sunlight will not affect me as bad as everyone says" Oh was I wrong... I am so cheery and chipper now that I get to see colors in the sky! Don't get me wrong, the snow is beautiful, whimsical and  very enchanting at points. Waking up in the morning to let the Sir out was surprisingly soothing when you open the door and the crisp morning smell flows in of burning wood. Much like when you go camping and wake up early, the sun is not quite out yet and its quiet all around with the sound of nature and birds( except that birds just started coming around since it is finally above 0 degrees) :) Alaska really is beautiful, even in the interior. I may not have said this 2 months ago when we were living in horrific -54 degrees, but as the seasons slowly change...so do my thoughts about Fairbanks Alaska.  

No comments:

Post a Comment